6.14.2012

Introducing: Califia Farms Almond Milks

by Roger Arechiga, Assistant Buyer of Grocery & Dairy Deli

califia farms almond milkEver wondered how California got its name? Spanish Conquistadors named the region for Califia, a mythical queen who ruled over an isle of women, and the untamed, bountiful land of California. Conquistadors believed they had discovered Califia’s bountiful island when they first explored California – and so the state got its name.

Now, following in their footsteps, Califia Farms is using that legendary abundance for produce not just for one but for three great tasting almond milks. Using locally sourced almonds from here in the Central Valley of California, they have developed a unique artisanal process of blanching the almonds – resulting in a fresh, clean, crisp taste packed full of nutrients.

Dairy milk alternatives have come a long way in the last couple years.  With no saturated fats, almond milk is low in calories, an excellent source of calcium (50% more than milk), rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, and 100% vegan.  No longer is alternative milk just for people that are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy products, it has become so good and so good for you, that people are using it as a replacement for cow’s milk.  I encourage you to swing by our Dairy Department and pick up some Califia Farms Almond Milk so you can taste it for yourself. I guarantee that you will very pleasantly surprised.  Califia Farms Almond Milk – made from Almonds with Love.

15 Responses to “ Introducing: Califia Farms Almond Milks ”

1. kerry dowdell says:

A few weeks ago I accidentally discovered your refrigerated almond milk (creamy is my fav) at Whole Foods in Sonoma, where I live. But do you think I could find it again after that first bottle??? NO! Can you suggest a place where I can buy it on a consistent basis? Would appreciate your input…..thanks much

• bristolfarms says:

Thank you for commenting on our blog. We carry Califia Farms Almond Milks, but unfortunately are not in your area. I do not know who to recommend in your area for availability, but you can try emailing Califia Farms at info@califiafarms.com to inquire. Good luck!

2. madani says:

Could you please tell me if there is any place in Sacramento, California that sells Almond Milk?

• bristolfarms says:

Madani,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. Unfortunately, we don’t have any stores in Sacramento, but almond milk is a pretty common item so you should be able to find it at any local grocery retailer.

3. cate says:

Nugget Markets in sacramento

4. lori colman says:

where can I find your almond milk in the Santa Cruz/San Jose south bay area?

• bristolfarms says:

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog, Lori. Our closest store to the San Jose area is our San Francisco store. I’m sure Califia Farms Almond Milks are carried in a store closer to your area; you can contact Califia customer service at info@califiafarms.com. They have some very friendly customer service professionals that should be able to answer your questions.

5. Rob says:

I love your products, but are your almonds Organic, or GMO?

• bristolfarms says:

Thank you for commenting on our blog, Rob. Califia Farms Almond Milks are all Non-GMO Verified by the Non-GMO Project. They are all-natural, non-organic. If you have any further inquiries, you can reach out to Califia Farms at info@califiafarms.com at any time!

6. Hap says:

Is there anywhere in Eugene, Oregon where I can buy your Unsweetened Almond Milk? Also does your milk have Trisodium Phosphate in it like so many other brands? Thank you!

• bristolfarms says:

Califia Almond Milk can be found in the following stores in Oregon: Whole Foods Markets and New Seasons Markets, and in Market of Choice in Corvallis. And in terms of ingredients, below are all of the ingredient lists for Califia Farms Almondmilks:

• UNSWEETENED: ALMONDMILK (PURIFIED WATER, ALMONDS), NATURAL MINERALS (CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE), SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, GELLAN GUM, CARRAGEENAN, VITAMIN BLEND: (VITAMIN A, VITAMIN E (TOCOPHEROL), VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B12, VITAMIN D2).

• VANILLA: ALMONDMILK (PURIFIED WATER, ALMONDS), ORGANIC SUGAR, NATURAL MINERALS (CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE), NATURAL FLAVORS, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, GELLAN GUM, CARRAGEENAN, VITAMIN BLEND: (VITAMIN A, VITAMIN E (TOCOPHEROL), VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B12, VITAMIN D2).

• CREAMY: ALMONDMILK (PURIFIED WATER, ALMONDS), ORGANIC SUGAR, NATURAL
      MINERALS (CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE), SUNFLOWER
      VITAMIN D2).

7. bristolfarms says:

Hi Jennifer,
    We have a store in La Jolla in which we carry Califia Farms Almond Milk. You can visit our store.

8. Susanne Bydash says:

I would like to know if you can use this to make pudding 0r in baking?

Sue Bydash

• bristolfarms says:

Hi Sue! Califia Farms assures their Almondmilk is GREAT for cooking – the best part is that you can use the exact same amount of Almondmilk in cooking and baking recipes as cow’s milk.

9. Vicki Hoffman says:

I found your products in an independent grocery store in Queens near my where my mother lives and LOVED them! I’m referring particularly to your iced coffee with almond milk, both latte and espresso. Unfortunately, they didn’t have those varieties this week when I went back. Can you suggest another store in my area, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY? (I live in Middle Island.) Thanks! Your products are a real find!!!