GMO-Free Seafood Breadings
by Craig Tsuchiyama, Director of Seafood
If you like a good fish fry like we do, there’s nothing like your favorite fish coated with a quality breading that’s cooked to golden brown perfection.
Bristol Farms now carries three new flavors:
- Double-Toasted Panko Bread Crumbs add a delightful, crispy finish to your favorite recipes. For a personal flair, mix in your favorite seasoning. Double-toasted Panko is a great GMO-free choice to add in to your favorite meatloaf or Mac n’ Cheese recipe.
- Parmesan & Italian Herb is an earthy blend of rustic flavors of rosemary, oregano and garlic blended for a traditional flavor. Great for eggplant, asparagus, mushrooms and more.
- Spicy Buffalo brings a tangy vinegar-based flavor spiced up with cayenne pepper to bring the All-American classic to your table without the sticky sauce.
Available now at your Bristol Farms Seafood counter. Try our Double-Toasted Wild Caught Alaskan Cod fillets and nuggets on sale through September 3, 2013.
Try this fish taco recipe at your next football party…
- Alaskan cod or halibut fillet, cut into 5 inch long strips (6-8 strips per pound)
- Egg wash-beaten eggs and milk
- Double toasted panko breading
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil or peanut oil
- shredded cabbage or lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped Cilantro
- Matheny’s brand Tartar sauce
- Cholula hot sauce
- Salt and pepper raw fish strips then evenly coat in flour, egg wash, and hand coat with Double-toasted panko breading.
- In a sauce pan or deep fryer, preheat oil to 350 degrees
- Carefully place breaded fish in pan or deep fryer and cook until golden brown (times may vary with thickness of fish)
- Place fried fish strip in warm tortilla.
- Top with toppings.