Peach Pairs with….Cheese?
posted on July 14th, 2015 by Michelle Salatino
Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, and other soft fruits are in season! While they are all deliciously eaten on their own, these sweet fruits can also be paired with savory items and added to a number of recipes. One pairing we are particularly fond of is our Summer Flame peaches and a variety of cheeses, like Ricotta, Mozzarella Burrata, Bellwether Fromage Blanc, Creme Fraiche Bellwether, Saint Angel Triple Cream, and Champignon Rougette…just to name a few.
Our favorite and most versatile cheese in peach pairing happens to be Ricotta! The rich and creamy texture balances nicely with the sweetness of peach. We have a few simple suggestions when pairing Ricotta and peach to kick it up a notch: add some granola, honey, nuts, or jam. Our fresh peach salsa from our Deli would also be great paired with Ricotta; the spice will be balanced out with the creamy cheese.
One of our favorite recipes pairing Ricotta and peach was one we found in the New York times; a recipe adapted from Seamus Mullen. This would a perfect crowd-pleasing dessert at your next summer BBQ! All natural, whole ingredients, simple yet tasty…and beautifully presented!
White Peaches, Pistachios, Honey and Ricotta
• 2 or 3 firm white peaches
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 pound fresh ricotta
• 4 tablespoons honey
• 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted in a dry, hot pan for 30 seconds
• 2 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil.
1. Quarter and pit the peaches, and slice them into thin curls on a mandoline. Toss them with the lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Divide the ricotta among 4 dessert bowls, drizzle a tablespoon of honey on each, and toss on a handful of toasted pistachios. Top each with a mound of peach slices and a drizzle of olive oil.