Peach Recipes for the Summer
posted on July 10th, 2015 by John Savidan
The 4th of July holiday may be over, but summer is just getting started. Beat the heat this summer with some delicious peach recipes that are sure to cool you down while satiating your thirst, hunger, and sweet tooth.
Summeripe White Peach Mojito
3 to 4 very ripe Summeripe White Peaches
1 lime, sliced into 4 wedges
2 oz white rum
1 oz simple syrup
handful of fresh mint leaves
splash of lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
1. Slice Summeripe White Peaches over a cocktail shaker to capture all of fruit juice.
2. Place Summeripe White Peach slices into the cocktail shaker and muddle until slices are thoroughly juiced. Set aside.
3. Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass, use a muddler to crush mint leaves and lime wedge.
4. Strain Summeripe White Peach juice into the glass and add in simple syrup and 2 more lime wedges, muddle again to release all of the lime juice.
5. Fill the glass with ice cubes. Pour rum over the ice cubes then fill the rest of the glass with lemon-lime soda or sparkling water. Gently stir all ingredients together.
6. Garnish with a Summeripe White Peach slice and lime wedge.
Warm & Fuzzy Peach Glazed Salmon
1 pound fresh Salmon Fillet
2-5 oz Pepperlane Warm & Fuzzy Peach Preserve
Juice of one orange
Zest of one orange
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Laura Chenel’s Pure Goat Milk Cheese
1. Place wood plank in water or wine for at least two hours
2. In a small bowl, combine Warm & Fuzzy Preserve with orange juice, orange zest, and minced garlic until well blended.
3. Place salmon fillet on the well soaked plank and sprinkle salmon fillet with course sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Pour glaze mixture over salmon until fillet is covered and save the excess glaze.
4. Place the plank with salmon directly on a preheated medium grill and cook covered for five to seven minutes.
5. Open grill and pour remaining glaze on the salmon fillet, cover and cook for another five to seven minutes or until fish flakes easily.
6. Remove from grill and top with goat cheese and fresh dill.
7. Check grill from time to time to prevent plank from catching fire.