Now in Season! Fresh Northern Pacific Halibut
posted on May 13th, 2016 by Craig Tsuchiyama
Now in season is our fresh, wild caught Northern Pacific Halibut available in our Seafood Departments. Our halibut is caught from the icy waters of the North Pacific, and they are estimated to range from 30 to 60 lbs! We believe these halibut provide the absolute best in flavor, moistness, and flakiness, not to mention having the most cooking versatility. Bake, broil, BBQ, pan fry, or deep fry – you just can’t go wrong. Visit us soon for a chance to enjoy these beautiful fillets while they are available for the summer months.
Are these coming from sustainable fisheries? Yes, indeed. Alaska’s Department of Fish and Game has set forth strict catch limits and policies. Will these limits and policies affect the availability to the consumer? At times, but these regulations will help make sure we’ll have these prized fish for years to come.
Visit our Seafood Department soon to catch our fresh, seasonal halibut. Enjoy in our recipe below for Grilled Halibut Tacos with Chipotle Crema.
Grilled Halibut Tacos with Chipotle Crema
2 tbsp Bristol Farms extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 pounds fresh Pacific Halibut
2 cups shredded red cabbage & carrot mix
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
8 small corn tortillas
1/2 cup Greek yogurt – 0%
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat an outdoor grill to medium-heat.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and ground pepper. Pour over the halibut and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle peppers until incorporated. Set aside.
4. When done marinating, season the grill with cooking oil and grill the fish over medium heat until cooked through, about 3 – 5 minutes per side. Set the fish on a plate and keep to the side.
5. Warm the tortillas on the grill for 30 seconds each side.
6. Chunk the fish with a fork and assemble the tacos by layering fish on the bottom, topped with cabbage mix, chipotle crema, and cilantro leaves.