Hatch Chile Guacamole Recipe
If you’ve been in our stores recently, you’ve probably noticed it’s a bit “hatch-ified.” You most likely saw some Hatch chile samples around the store too – namely, our Hatch Chile Guacamole. And if you were daring enough to dip a chip in that spicy guac, we’re going to assume that you fell in love. If you brought a container home with you, we’re sure it didn’t last very long. The stuff is hard to resist.
And that’s why we’re giving you your very own Hatch Chile Guacamole recipe so that you can make it yourself. Because sharing is caring and because, chips and guacamole might as well be gold in Southern California. We’re all kinda obsessed with the irresistible snacking combo.
Hatch Chile Guacamole
- 2 ripe Haas Avocados, pitted
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup roasted hot Hatch Chile, finely diced (Use our tips for roasting and cutting here – or purchase our ready-made roasted and finely chopped Hatch chiles)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vine-ripened tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt to taste
Scoop avocado from skin and add to medium mixing bowl. Mash with large fork or potato masher, until desired consistency is reached. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Taste-test and add salt and lime juice to your liking.