Healthy in 2018: 18 Quick, Easy, and Clean Lunch + Snack Ideas
Lunch time made easy
For many of us, a new year means getting back on track in terms of health. Because a new It means saying goodbye to the holiday sweets, nixing that weekly (or ahem, daily) soda, and instead, consuming more of the really good stuff. We’re talking whole ingredients – like flavorful and fiber-rich fruits, veggies, and (healthy) grains as well as lean meats, and of course, plant-based substitutes.
Eating healthy shouldn’t be bland. So maybe you need a little inspiration. It shouldn’t take an eternity to whip up something flavorful either. We know you’re busy but we also know your taste buds are simply too good for celery and peanut butter (unless of course, it’s the best peanut butter you’ve ever had in your life). Therefore we’ve got you covered with some snack hacks.
Above all we’ve got you covered. Here are 18 quick and easy lunches and snacks that will keep you healthy and your taste buds happy.
- Avocado Caprese – Simply chop up a vine-ripened tomato, ½ an avocado, and 1 ounce mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve over arugula for a delicious salad or with some whole grain crackers for a hearty snack.
- Almond butter and sliced green apple topped rice cakes
- Smoothie From Our Smoothie Bar – Get a custom smoothie on your next shopping trip. May we suggest a combo of antioxidant rich berries, spinach or kale, almond milk, almond butter, and a scoop of plant-based protein?
- A Power Salad from Our Grab & Go Case. These hearty salads are filled with healthy grains and veggies and are available with meat or tofu!
- Mayo-free Egg Salad with 1 slice sprouted grain toast – Dice 2 hard-boiled eggs with salt, pepper, paprika, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Top one slice sprouted grain toast and enjoy!
- Yogurt & Honey Parfait – Top 4-6 ounces of your favorite nonfat Greek yogurt with 2 teaspoons honey and a handful of berries. For bonus points, throw some chia seeds on top. Full of protein, this is a snack that will stay with you for hours.
- Your favorite hummus and chopped carrot, celery, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
- Homemade Trail Mix – This is not your standard trail mix that’s full of the extra fatty nuts and sugar-loaded fried fruit. Combine ½ cup (each) heart-healthy pistachios and almonds with 3 tablespoons dried cherries, 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flake, and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Toasted Avocado & Bean Pitas – We’re really digging this quick and delicious recipe.
Wait, there’s even more
- Greek Cucumber Salad – Combine 1 sliced cucumber with 6-10 sliced kalamata olives, ¼ cup diced tomato, ¼ cup sliced red onion, 1-2 tablespoons feta cheese, a heavy drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix and enjoy!
- Poke from Our Poke Bar! Go easy on the rice – we suggest one small scoop. Top with your favorite poke and load up on the nutrient-rich seaweed salad. Don’t forget the healthy fat, avocado either!
- Avocado Toast with Smoked Salmon – Get your Protein and your healthy fats in one quick meal. Start with 1-2 slices sprouted (toasted) bread and top with avocado slices. Lightly season with salt and then top with smoked salmon for the ultimate healthy treat!
- Salad Bowl from Our Salad Bar – In a pinch? Grab a self-serve bowl at our salad bar and load it up with mixed greens, tomato, healthy grains, sunflower seeds, roasted beets, and your favorite protein!
- Make-ahead Sweet Potato and Kale Burritos – we love this recipe!
- Loaded Instant Oatmeal – Because sometimes, you’ve gotta grab something really quick. But why not make it healthy? Warm up a bowl of instant oatmeal and top with chia seed, raspberries, and a dollop of almond butter for some protein. If you’re needing a bit of sweetness, drizzle a bit of honey on top!
- Mayo-Free Tuna Salad Stuffed Romaine hearts – Simply replace the mayo with olive oil along with white meat tuna, some finely diced onion and celery, and a bit of hot sauce too, and spoon into cold and crisp romaine hearts. You can top with diced roasted red pepper and/or pickle for a little something extra!
- Our Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad – Located in our Deli Case, this salad is fresh, flavorful, and won’t leave you feeling stuffed and uncomfortable.
- No Bake Protein Balls – Make these on a Sunday and enjoy them the rest of the week. Because you’ll have plenty. We like this recipe.