May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Rump Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6-8 |
Serve up comfort with a falling-to-pieces pot roast.
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|3 lb. beef rump roast, cut in half|
|4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2 onions, sliced|
|5 tablespoons horseradish sauce|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/3 cup cold water|
- Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add meat to skillet; brown on all sides and then drain.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker and then top with onions and meat.
- In a bowl, stir together the horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and celery salt; pour mixture over meat.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cover; cook ingredients until meat and vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker on high and cover; cook until gravy is thickened, about 30 minutes.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
|Main Ingredient:||Vegetable, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >