May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crockpot Chuck Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4-6 |
Waiting to eat this pot roast will be the hardest part.
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 chuck roast, 3 1/2 lb., trimmed|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 package baby carrots, 1 lb.|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 can petite diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.|
|5 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
- Spread 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper all over roast.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a 6-qt. crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables; shred meat.
- Pour gravy from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot gravy. Serve gravy with shredded roast and vegetables.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Chuck Roast|
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >