May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten Free Bacon and Potato Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 18 cups |
Creamy, delicious and fresh!
|5 lb russet potatoes|
|8 slices bacon|
|4 1/2 cups chopped onion|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|7 1/2 cups milk|
|3 cups chicken broth|
|3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1 1/4 cups sliced green onions|
|1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork then bake until tender, about 1 hour. Set potatoes aside and allow to slightly cool. Leaving skins on, partially mash potatoes with a masher; set aside.
- Set a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp; remove from pot, crumble then set aside.
- Add onion to bacon drippings in Dutch oven and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, bay leaf and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes, milk, broth and pepper; bring to a boil then reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls then sprinkle with crumbled bacon, green onions and cheese.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >