May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rump Roast With Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Savor the complex flavors of this irresistible roast.
|6 carrots, cut crosswise into thirds|
|3 lb rump roast|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|10 oz red or white pearl onions, peeled|
|2 heads garlic, separated into cloves, unpeeled|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and in a saucepan combine with salted water to cover. Bring water to a boil and simmer potatoes, covered, 10 minutes. Add carrots and simmer, covered 5 minutes. Drain vegetables and let cool. Quarter potatoes.
- Pat rump roast dry and season with salt and pepper. Put meat in a roasting pan, fat side up, and scatter sliced yellow onion around it.
- In another roasting pan toss pearl onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place both meat and vegetable pans in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300° F. Cook for additional 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm, covered loosley with foil until ready to serve.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >