May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rump Roast With Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Savor the complex flavors of this irresistible roast.
|6 carrots, cut crosswise into thirds|
|3 lb rump roast|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|10 oz red or white pearl onions, peeled|
|2 heads garlic, separated into cloves, unpeeled|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and in a saucepan combine with salted water to cover. Bring water to a boil and simmer potatoes, covered, 10 minutes. Add carrots and simmer, covered 5 minutes. Drain vegetables and let cool. Quarter potatoes.
- Pat rump roast dry and season with salt and pepper. Put meat in a roasting pan, fat side up, and scatter sliced yellow onion around it.
- In another roasting pan toss pearl onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place both meat and vegetable pans in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300° F. Cook for additional 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm, covered loosley with foil until ready to serve.
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >