May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 |
This one is sure to become a new favorite.
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|5 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups flour|
|2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk|
|1 1/4 cups butterscotch morsels|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and egg.
- Spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flour, oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add oat mixture to sugar mixture; stir with a fork until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- Place 3 cups oat mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray; press into bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch morsels, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 1 minute or until butterscotch morsels melt, stirring every 20 seconds. Stir in walnuts.
- Scrape mixture into pan, spreading evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with remaining oat mixture, gently pressing into butterscotch mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Place pan on a cooling rack; run a knife around outside edge.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >