May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 |
This one is sure to become a new favorite.
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|5 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups flour|
|2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk|
|1 1/4 cups butterscotch morsels|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and egg.
- Spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flour, oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add oat mixture to sugar mixture; stir with a fork until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- Place 3 cups oat mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray; press into bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch morsels, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 1 minute or until butterscotch morsels melt, stirring every 20 seconds. Stir in walnuts.
- Scrape mixture into pan, spreading evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with remaining oat mixture, gently pressing into butterscotch mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Place pan on a cooling rack; run a knife around outside edge.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >