coffee, tea & chocolate
Extraordinary coffee is a must-have in our book, and you’ll find nothing but the best at Bristol Farms. Of course, a sentimental favorite is our home state hero, Peet’s Coffee & Tea, but we also offer beans from small-batch roasters around the world.
We’re also your headquarters for tea, from herbal to rare blends, as well as for chocolates from legendary chocolatiers.
Most of our locations feature a full-service coffee bar with trained baristas ready to make you the perfect cup. Many of our customers are such regulars that their drinks are ready before they hit the counter. We’d love to have you join our coffee community.
fresh whole bean coffee
In 1961, Alfred Peet opened the first Peet’s Coffee & Tea store. His style of coffee was a radical departure from what was then available at that time, emphasizing smaller batches, freshness, superior quality beans, and a darker roasting style that produced coffee with richness and complexity.
Over the past four decades, Peet’s growth has been fueled by ever-increasing numbers of coffee lovers across the nation. Peet’s has remained true to the quality tenets of their founder, inspired by the same unrelenting pursuit of quality. Our relationship with Peet’s Coffee & Tea has flourished for over ten years due in fact to the similarities in code of conduct, superior product, and a love of everything that’s good in life!
We are fortunate to offer you a wonderful assortment of coffee from around the world! Have you sat on an island paradise in Indonesia and sipped a cup of coffee? Or climbed the mountains of Central America to find the sweet aromatic beans of Colombia? How about the ancient lands of Africa & Arabia? Here at Bristol Farms, we bring you the world…of beans. Imagine yourself anywhere with a great cup of coffee and savor the aroma, depth, and complexities of Peet’s Coffee & Teas!
single origin coffees
Guatemala – superbly aromatic, well-balanced with medium body, lively acidity, overtones of spice and chocolate. A coffee of the Americas.
Colombia – a full-bodied coffee, with balanced acidity and a sweet rounded flavor. Peet’s uses only the best ‘typica arabica’ beans from the southern Colombian province of Huila.
Sumatra – the classic Indonesian coffee. Our Sumatra is sweet and somewhat earthy with pronounced herbal nuances. Very heavy in body and full-flavored, it is one of Peet’s best-selling coffees.
Garuda Blend – a well-balanced, full-bodied blend of coffees from the Indonesian Islands with a nutty, aromatic, and slightly earthy flavor. Garuda Blend is named for the great bird that carries the Hindu God Vishnu, guardian of the world.
Major Dickason’s Blend – our signature blend. A full-bodied, broad-flavored, and balanced coffee made from top-quality Pacific and Latin American beans.
French Roast – Peet’s darkest roast. Intense in flavor, yet smooth in acidity with a complex and smoky aroma. A blend of high-grown, strictly hard-bean Latin American coffees.
Italian Roast – a balanced, intense, and delicious dark roast coffee blend. Made from the fullest-bodied, most flavorful coffees from the Pacific and Latin America. Great for both brewed coffee and espresso.
Decaf House Blend – lively and flavorful. Because it’s roasted in Peet’s unique style, it offers considerably more body and aromatic complexity than one usually finds in a decaffeinated coffee.
Decaf French Roast – Peet’s signature French Roast is achieved in this decaffeinated version by roasting a blend of decaffeinated Latin American coffees a little hotter and longer than other roasts.
coffee brewing practices
Drip Coffee Maker
- Grind beans just before brewing, about 12-20 seconds (medium to fine).
- With electric makers, a gold filter yields the most flavorful and fullest-bodied coffee.
- If using paper filters, lightly rinse them first with hot water to minimize paper flavors.
- Measure two level tablespoons of ground coffee for every six ounces of freshly drawn, cold water.
- If coffee tastes strong, add hot water from the kettle after brewing.
- Grind beans about 10 seconds (medium to coarse).
- Measure two level tablespoons of ground coffee for every six ounces of freshly, drawn, cold water. Do not use water that has been previously boiled.
- Heat water between 195 and 205 degrees to assure optimum flavor extraction.
- Pour slowly into the French Press. Stir coffee and water to saturate the grounds.
- Allow to steep for two to three minutes, then slowly press grounds to the bottom and serve.
- If coffee tastes strong, add hot water from the kettle after brewing.
- Grind coffee with a special espresso grinder or burr grinder.
- An espresso should take 20-25 seconds to brew in most machines with good pumps. As the brewed espresso flows into the cup, there should be a caramel-like foam, or crema, on top. After the good-tasting soluble liquids are extracted, the liquid flowing from the filter will become a whitish-brown. Stop immediately.
- A fully extracted, properly prepared espresso yields 1 to 1.5 fluid ounces (30-45cc) which is about the size of a shot glass or about a half a small demitasse cup. Forcing more water through the grounds will result in a bitter brew.
Properly made espresso is strong and flavorful, but not bitter. If you prefer it weaker, add hot water or freshly steamed milk.
Most of our locations have a full-service espresso bar availability. We serve only the freshest brewed coffees, including daily drip coffee, both in regular and decaf. If you are looking for that morning perk-up, then look no more…we have trained Baristas ready to start your day off on the right track. Our lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, iced beverages, and much, much more are all made custom order, just the way you like it! Come in, order your drink, pick up some delicious pastries from our Bakery Department… sit in our relaxing Café and savor the moment!
Welcome to the wonderful world of chocolate! Come visit one of our many stores which offer you the best in hand-picked chocolates…and be a kid again by picking and choosing exactly what you want. We’ll package some for you to go or not…sometimes you just can’t wait to eat that delicious piece of chocolate, oozing with goodness and decadence!
We are so excited to bring you, our customer the extraordinary line of chocolates from Xan Confections. At Xan, they create beautiful masterpieces of all-natural chocolates, using fine cacao with no fillers. Each piece is lovingly hand-crafted by trained artisans, skilled in recreating Belgian chocolates that are French in style and taste and soul-satisfying delights.
Award-winning, pure fruit-filled chocolates. Each piece is just 29 calories, 1 gr. fat, 5 gr. carbohydrate, low-glycemic, diabetic friendly (not sugar-free), gluten free, non-dairy, vegan.
Big Mouth Collection
Traditional Americana style chocolates. Nostalgic toffee, marshmallow, smores, and the National Award Winning Big Mouth, with layers of crispy rice, caramel, and peanut butter covered in chocolate…what could be better!
All natural LadybuG truffles in an array of flavors including Sea Salt Caramel, Pomegranate, Mexican Chocolate, Grand Marnier, and many more.
Artisan chocolates, handcrafted, hand-decorated. In 1993, a simple but remarkable concept took root in Portland, Oregon. That concept was to handcraft superior chocolates that would not only taste exquisite, but that would look exceptional as well. The result would be a chocolate indulgence for all the senses! Moonstruck Chocolates have landed on Oprah’s “O List”, been served at the Academy Awards, and the White House. We invite you to indulge in the Moonstruck Chocolatier experience yourself.
- Classic Collection- Includes the ‘cone’ specialties in the following flavors: Chocolate Malted, Peanut Butter, Razzleberry Cream, and Vanilla Bean. Dogs, Cats, Mice oh my! Come in and get some of these adorable ‘critter’ chocolates.
If you’re in the mood for delicious, then feast your eyes and taste buds on these wonderfully classic, yet modern chocolates…Almond Tower, Extra-Bittersweet Truffle, French Silk Chocolate Mousse, Mayan Truffle, Gingerbread Caramel, and Wild Huckleberry Truffle.
The legendary Chocolatier! Nothing says quality better than “that little gold box”. Whenever you need to indulge in a special event or occasion, we have a huge assortment of Godiva Truffles and Signature pieces to make every day seem special!
- Truffles Collection – This includes everything from Double Chocolate Raspberry Truffle to a smooth Milk Chocolate Truffle and everything in between…Myer’s Rum, Grand Marnier and Champagne.
- Signature Collection – Dare to impress with one, two or…who’s counting, fill up a box and indulge with the Midnight Swirl Ganache or Open Oyster Milk Chocolates. Throw in couple of milk and dark Embrace caramels and the list goes on and on!