Mexican Stuffed Tomatoes
Makes 4 servings
- 5 yellow vine-ripe tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 jarred pimentos, drained and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- 2 T, a handful, fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley leaves, your choice, chopped
- 2 T dried bread crumbs
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the bowl
- Cut the tops off 4 tomatoes and trim a thin slice off the bottoms so that they will sit upright easily. Hollow out the tomatoes with a spoon over garbage bowl or sink. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Remove stem of remaining tomato. Seed and chop tomato.
- In a bowl, combine chopped tomato, pimentos, onions, zucchini, jalapeno, lemon juice, oregano and cilantro or parsley. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the bowl. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the bowl in a slow stream or about 2 tablespoons. Toss mixture to combine and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Fill the empty tomatoes with stuffing and serve.
recipe from: foodtv.com, 1/9/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.