Kielbasa and Cabbage
Makes 4 servings
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 tart, firm apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 C apple juice
- 3 T vinegar, preferably apple cider
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb kielbasa or other sausage, cut into 2-inch sections
- Heat oil in wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to soften. Add cabbage, apples, juice, vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage, stir, cover and heat 15 more minutes.
Approximate values per serving (without potatoes): 503 calories, 38 g fat, 76 mg cholesterol, 17 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 1,904 mg sodium, 67 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Arizona Republic, 1/9/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.