Coleslaw with Avocado and Cumin
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 package (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 C thinly sliced or finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 C ranch salad dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup cubes)
- Creole seasoning or salt
- Black pepper
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Place coleslaw mix and onion in a serving bowl and stir to combine. Stir cumin into the salad dressing. Pour the dressing over the slaw, tossing to coat it well. Fold in the avocado cubes and season with Creole seasoning and pepper to taste. Wipe the rim of the bowl clean with a paper towel and sprinkle cilantro on top of the slaw. Serve the slaw at once or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Approximate values per serving: 168 calories, 15 g fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 3 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 240 mg sodium, 75 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Dinner Doctor, 2/8/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.