Asparagus with Orange-Saffron Sauce
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed and stems p
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 threads saffron
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Cook asparagus in 1/2-inch lightly salted boiling water in large skillet for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool the asparagus in an ice-water bath. When cooled, drain and place on serving dish. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring chicken broth to boiling in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat; add the saffron and tarragon. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes. Pour into a medium-size bowl to cool. Add orange zest, orange juice, salt and mayonnaise. Whisk together and refrigerate the sauce, covered, for 2 hours. The sauce can be made a day ahead.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the asparagus.
recipe from: Family Circle, 12/17/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.