Thai-Style Crab Salad in Avocado
Makes 2 servings
- 1 ripe California avocado
- 3 T lime juice (divided use)
- 6 oz. cooked lump crabmeat, or 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, or to taste
- Salt, if desired
- Split the avocado in half. Remove the seed and sprinkle the cut surfaces with 1 tablespoon lime juice to prevent browning.
- Combine crabmeat, remaining lime juice, lemon juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, scallion, pepper and salt in a mixing bowl; mix well. Divide mixture evenly between avocado halves, piling it high. Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired, and serve.
Approximate values per serving: 402 calories, 34 g fat, 83 mg cholesterol, 18 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 415 mg sodium, 74 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: United Feature Syndicate, 4/25/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.