Kriek Cabbage with Dried Cherries
- 1/3 C dried sweetened cherries
- 1 C cherry ale or kriek (a Belgian cherry lambic)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced orange zest
- 1 T minced shallots or mild sweet onion
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 10-12 oz. red cabbage, tough outer leaves removed and cored, quartered, and sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cherries in an oven-proof dish and cover with the cherry-flavored beer. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 1 minute on high power; remove wrap and let cool.
- Stir together the olive oil, orange zest, shallots or sweet onion in a 10-inch heavy saute pan placed over low heat. Saute gently until the shallots are translucent and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, red wine vinegar, cherries and beer, stirring often, and cook for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
recipe from: globalgourmet.com, 9/15/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.