Holiday Red Cabbage Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 1 small head (about 1 pound) red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1-*1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 C canola oil
- Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- 8 C (about 16 oz.) mixed salad greens
- 16 to 20 green grapes, halved (for garnish)
- 1 chunk (3 oz.) blue cheese, grated (place in freezer to harden for easier grating)
- Place shredded cabbage in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil, then pour over cabbage. Mix well, then drain, reserving the vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and 4 tablespoons of the reserved vinegar; mix to combine. Whisk in the oil until the dressing emulsifies (forms a smooth sauce). Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, add desired amount of dressing to the shredded cabbage and mix well.
- Arrange mixed greens on large platter and top with dressed cabbage. Garnish with grape halves and grated blue cheese.
Approximate values per serving: 187 calories, 17 g fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 5 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 202 mg sodium, 78 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Arizona Republic, 12/24/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.