Makes 8 servings
- 4 T (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 C chopped yellow onions (2 large)
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 C milk
- 3 lbs. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted (5 (10-oz.) packages)
- 1 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 15 minutes. Add the flour and nutmeg and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Add the cream and milk and cook until thickened. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach and add the spinach to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the spinach to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and the Gruyere on top. Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve hot.
recipe from: foodtv.com, 12/24/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.