Spring Vegetable Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 8 asparagus spears about 4 inches in length
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or mild Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup half and half
- grated peel and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- dash of nutmeg, freshly ground if possible
- Saut/(c) mushrooms until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate; set aside.
- Steam asparagus until just tender; set aside.
- Bake the pie crust at 375° for 10 minutes to partially cook the crust.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese and mushrooms over bottom of shell. Arrange asparagus spears in a spoke fashion over mushrooms in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs with half and half, lemon peel, juice, salt and pepper, and nutmeg; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Set the pie on a cookie sheet in a preheated 350° oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
A light, yet hearty dish. Serve for spring brunch, or with a springtime vegetable soup.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.