Grilled Artichokes with Herbed Goat Cheese
Makes 4 to 6 Appetizer Portions
- 4 large artichokes, rinsed well, top third removed, and leaf tips trimmed
- 1/4 cup salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water. Add 1/4 cup of the salt and bring water to a boil.
- Rub the bottoms and cut sides of the artichokes with the lemon wedges. Carefully add artichokes to the boiling water using a large spoon or tongs. Be sure the artichokes remain submerged. if necessary, weight with a heavy dish or bowl, and simmer, partially covered, until the bottoms are just tender and can be easily pierced with a knife and an outer leaf pulls out easily, about 15 minutes. Remove artichokes from water with tongs or a slotted spoon. Set aside, upside down, until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the artichokes into quarters, discarding the prickly purple leaves and hairy chokes.
- In a bowl large enough to hold artichokes, combine the olive oil, garlic, vinegar, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Add artichokes to bowl; toss to coat and leave them in the bowl. Marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning every now and then.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place artichokes on grill. Grill and turn until warmed through and lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Place on a serving platter and top with herbed goat cheese.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.