Curried Cauliflower Soup
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 large head), chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh mint
- Heat a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and let it heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and curry powder and stir for 1 minute. Add cauliflower and potatoes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender, working in batches if needed. Return soup to pot and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls; top with yogurt and fresh mint.
recipe from: dwgc, 7/30/06
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.