Peaches Poached in White Wine
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 whole cloves
- 8 small peaches
- Combine the wine, water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean and cloves in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the peaches, increase heat to medium and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and, turning occasionally, cook for for 20-25 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, remove the peaches and set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Return the pan to the stove and reduce the liquid by half. Strain into a bowl and chill.
- Serve the peaches with the syrup (and maybe a little vanilla ice cream).
Wine Pairing: White Truck Moscato
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.