Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 Bristol Farms corned beef brisket, 4-5 lbs.
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10-12 red rose potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4-6 carrots
- 1 large head cabbage
- Place brisket in a large pot and add enough water to cover; toss in bay leaves and peppercorns and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 3 1/2 hours. Remove brisket from pot and cover tightly to keep warm.
- While the brisket is cooking, scrub and quarter the potatoes, peel onions and cut each into 8 wedges. Scrub carrots and cut into 2 inch lengths and cut the cabbage into serving-size wedges (removing the core).
- After removing the meat from the broth, add the potatoes, onions, and carrots and simmer for about 10 minutes. Place the cabbage wedges on top and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Slice the meat and serve with the vegetables, drizzling all with some of the stock. Serve with mustard, horseradish and good dense bread. Serves eight.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.