Honey-Glazed Rack of Lamb
Makes 4 servings
- 3 T butter
- 2 1/2 C chopped onions
- 1 C chopped carrot
- 2 C canned beef broth
- 1 1/2 C dry red wine
- 1 C canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 T all purpose flour
- 1/2 C honey
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 1 1/4-lb trimmed racks of lamb
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrot and saut/(c) until deep brown, about 12 minutes. Add beef broth and next 4 ingredients; boil 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Mix flour and 1 tablespoon butter to paste in bowl. Whisk into sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes. Strain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk honey, soy sauce and mustard in small bowl to blend; add 2 tablespoons glaze to sauce. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Brush each rack with some of remaining glaze. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130°F, brushing often with more glaze, about 35 minutes.
- Rewarm sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cut lamb between bones into chops. Serve chops with sauce.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.