Rio Grande Rub Steaks
Makes 4 servings
- (8 to 10-oz., 1-inch thick) sirloin strip steaks
- 1 1/2 T (a palmful) ground Ancho chiles or dark chili powder
- 1 1/2 T (a palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into 4 thick slices
- Extra-virgin olive or vegetable oil, to coat
- Salt and pepper
- Let steaks rest from refrigerator for a few minutes to take the chill off.
- Preheat grill pan or indoor electric grill to high heat. Combine spice rub ingredients: ground Ancho chile, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Rub spice blend into steaks.
- Coat sliced red onion with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks and onion slices 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Let meat stand 5 minutes for juices to redistribute. Season steaks with salt. Top with separated rings of red grilled onions.
recipe from: foodtv.com, 06/11/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.