Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Makes 4 servings
- 8 medium to large cabbage leaves
- 3/4 pound ground beef, pork, lamb, or bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Remove center veins from cabbage leaves, keeping each leaf in 1 piece. Immerse leaves, four at a time, into boiling water about 3 minutes or till limp. Drain well.
- In a skillet cook meat and onion till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, Worcestershire, basil, water, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes or till rice is tender. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; fold in sides. Starting at an unfolded edge, carefully roll up each leaf, making sure folded sides are included in roll.
- Combine tomato sauce, sugar, and basil. Pour half of the tomato mixture into an 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking dish. Add cabbage rolls. Spoon remaining tomato mixture atop. Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.