Spinach Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Makes 1 serving
- Two slices bread
- 4 slices Gruy/(R)re cheese (about 1 oz. each)
- 1/4 C fresh spinach
- 3 or 4 slices red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices Gorgonzola cheese (about 1 oz. each)
- 1 T butter
- Place one bread slice on a cutting board. Place two slices of Gruy/(R)re on bread. Top with spinach and red onion. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining Gruy/(R)re and Gorgonzola. Place second bread slice on top and press down lightly. Melt -*1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Carefully place sandwich in pan and cook until the bread browns and cheese is slightly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Turn sandwich over, add remaining butter and cook until that side is toasted and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Approximate values per serving: 739 calories, 41 g fat, 119 mg cholesterol, 33 g protein, 63 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 1,109 mg sodium, 49 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Arizona Republic, 05/14/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.