Seared Tuna Steak with Avocado Salsa
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 T red bell pepper, very finely diced
- 1 T serrano pepper, very finely diced
- 1 T red onion, very finely diced
- 4 T rice wine vinegar
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 T sambal (Asian chili sauce)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 ahi tuna steaks (10 oz. each), sushi quality
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 C fresh tomato, diced
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- Combine red bell pepper, serrano pepper, onion, vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, chili sauce and kosher salt for vinaigrette. Mix well. Set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Sear tuna on both sides in a very hot iron skillet with olive oil. Cook to desired doneness (rare if preferable). Place fish on serving dish.
- Top with diced avocado and tomato. Splash liberally with vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.