Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Makes 12 to 15 servings
- 1 extra-large or 2 large broccoli crowns, rinsed and dried
- 1 medium head cauliflower, rinsed and dried
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons white or garlic vinegar (see note)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, onion and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and hot sauce in a small bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add grated cheese to the broccoli mixture and toss with dressing just before serving.
- Note: To make garlic vinegar, separate and peel the cloves from one head of garlic and put them in a 24-ounce bottle of white vinegar. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours to let the flavor infuse.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.