Avocado Potato Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 6 medium red potatoes, unpeeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 C chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 T honey mustard
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 C non-fat plain yogurt
- Boil potato cubes until just tender. While potatoes boil, cube avocados and toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice; set aside. Drain potatoes and place in bowl of cold water. When potatoes have cooled, drain well and place in large salad bowl.
- To make dressing: Whisk lime juice, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil and yogurt in medium bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss. Gently fold in avocado, onion and cilantro. Serve at room temperature, or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill. (Can be prepared up to 3 hours in advance.)
Approximate values per serving (1 cup): 149 calories, 8 g fat, 0 cholesterol, 3 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 337 mg sodium, 44 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: California Avocado Commission, 07/02/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.