Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan
makes 6 servings
- 1 lb medium to thick asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, stems trimmed even with caps
- 4 medium radishes, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, coarse stems discarded
- 1/4-lb piece Parmesan, room temperature
- With a sharp knife, cut asparagus diagonally into very thin slices and transfer to a large bowl. Halve large mushrooms. Slice mushrooms very thin and add with radishes to asparagus. Toss salad gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard and salt. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Drizzle dressing over asparagus salad and toss gently. Grind pepper over salad.
- Spread watercress on a platter and top with asparagus salad. With a vegetable peeler, shave 1/2 to 3/4 of Parmesan into curls over salad, reserving remaining Parmesan for another use.
recipe from: Gourmet Magazine, 05/07/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.