Warm Artichokes and Bacon over Dandelion Greens
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 lb bacon, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 C white wine vinegar
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 3/4 lb baby artichokes, halved and cleaned
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb dandelion greens, cleaned
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is brown and crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
- To the remaining bacon fat, add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Deglaze with the white wine vinegar and reduce by 1/4. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard. Add the artichokes, toss well, and return to the heat and cook until the artichokes are heated and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the dandelion greens on a large platter. Pour the artichoke mixture over the greens. Garnish with the reserved bacon and the eggs.
recipe from: foodtv.com, 08/20/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.