Cream of Mushroom Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 2 leeks (white part only), or substitute 1 onion
- 4 T butter
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-*1/2 to 2 lbs fresh mushrooms (a mixture is best)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 T flour
- 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth
- 1 quart milk
- Clean the leeks by cutting them in half vertically and rinsing under cold running water. Chop. Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks (or chopped onion) and thyme. Cook about 5 minutes, until leeks are translucent.
- Meanwhile, chop mushrooms coarsely. Add them to the leeks along with a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to blend. Add broth, then milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
Approximate values per serving: 373 calories, 22 g fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 18 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 958 mg sodium, 50 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Arizona Republic, 1/2/04
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.