Pale Greens with Watercress Dressing
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 Belgian endives
- 1 large head Boston or other tender leaf lettuce
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T tarragon vinegar
- 1 T Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 3/4 C olive oil
- 1 C minced watercress leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the endive and lettuce leaves. Rinse well and pat dry. Tear the lettuce leaves into large bite-sized pieces. Toss the lettuce and endive together in a salad bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Whisk in the watercress and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with just enough dressing t o coat the leaves. Serve immediately.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.