Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 C very thinly sliced onion
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar (not sweetened or seasoned)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 4 C packed spinach leaves
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Put potato in a small saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil; cook 7 to 8 minutes until tender but not mushy. Drain in colander and rinse briefly under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss dressing with potato, spinach, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Approximate values per serving: Carbohydrates: 7 grams, Net Carbs: 5.5 grams, Fiber: 1.5 grams, Protein: 1 grams, Fat: 2.5 grams, Calories: 51
recipe from: atkinscenter.com, 04/30/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.