Spinach and Garbanzo Bean Salad
Makes 6 side-dish servings
- 1 large avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/3 C dairy sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 C milk
- 4 C torn fresh spinach
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, chilled and drained
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C cauliflower flowerets
- 1/2 C sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 C coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chilled
- For dressing, mash half of the avocado. Stir together mashed avocado, sour cream, lemon juice, celery salt, and hot pepper sauce. Stir in milk till desired consistency. Cover and chill while preparing salad.
- For salad, combine spinach, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cucumber, cauliflower, mushrooms, onion, and walnuts. Slice one hard-cooked egg.
- Slice remaining avocado half; brush with additional lemon juice, if desired. Add mix. Cut the remaining egg into wedges. Garnish salad with egg wedges.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.