Seared Scallops Over Baby Spinach
Makes 2 servings
- 2 T vegetable oil, divided use
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided use
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece (1 inch long) ginger root, minced
- 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T plus 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted (see note)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb sea scallops
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until garlic softens, 1 minute. Add spinach; cook until leaves soften and heat through, 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame seeds and pepper; toss to combine. Cover skillet; place in oven to keep warm while scallops cook.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat in a grill pan or heavy skillet. Sear scallops until dark golden, about 2 minutes per side. Serve scallops over spinach. Note: To toast sesame seeds, place them in a dry skillet over low heat, shaking frequently to prevent burning, until fragrant and barely colored, about 3 minutes.
Approximate values per serving: 390 calories, 23 g fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 35 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 890 mg sodium, 53 percent calories from fat.
recipe from: The Quick Recipe, 08/13/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.