Asparagus Cashew Rice Pilaf
Makes 8 Servings
- 1/4-*C butter
- 2-*oz uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/4-*C minced onion
- 1/2-*tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/4-*C uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 1/4-*C vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2-*lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2-*C cashew halves
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Increase heat to medium, and stir in spaghetti, cooking until coated with the melted butter and lightly browned.
- Stir onion and garlic into the saucepan, and cook about 2 minutes, until tender. Stir in jasmine rice, and cook about 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Place asparagus in a separate medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but firm.
- Mix asparagus and cashew halves into the rice mixture, and serve warm.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.