Baked Artichokes with Crab Stuffing
Makes 4 servings
- 6 T (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 C finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 C finely chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 C fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless sourdough bread
- 8 oz. crabmeat
- 4 large artichokes (each about 1 lb)
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Saut/(c) until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool completely. Mix in breadcrumbs and crabmeat. Season stuffing with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut off top third of each artichoke; discard. Cut off stem. Pull out yellow and small purple-tipped leaves from center. Using melon baller, scoop out fibrous choke.
- Gently pull leaves outward from center until leaves open slightly. Pack stuffing into each artichoke cavity and between first and second center layers of leaves, mounding slightly. Place artichokes in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Add enough water to come 3/4 inch up sides of dish. Cover with foil. Bake artichokes until outer leaf pulls away easily, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.