Grilled Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
makes 4 servings
- 1/3 C medium-dry Sherry
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T minced shallot
- 1 T sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3 T finely chopped mixed fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, thyme, sage and chives
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 6 oz. mesclun
- 4 oz. ricotta salata
- Vinaigrette: In a very small saucepan boil sherry until reduced by about half and let cool. In a bowl whisk together sherry reduction, balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallot, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Add oils in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in herbs. Reserve 1/4 cup vinaigrette for dressing mesclun. Transfer remaining vinaigrette to a large sealable plastic bag. Discard stems from mushrooms. Add mushrooms to bag and seal, pressing out excess air. Put bag in bowl. Marinate mushrooms, chilled, turning bag once or twice at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, letting excess vinaigrette drip off. Grill on hot grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- In a bowl toss mesclun with reserved vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste and divide among 4 plates. Transfer mushrooms to cutting board and slice into 1-inch slices. Transfer sliced mushrooms to plates and garnish with with curls of ricotta salata.
recipe from: Gourmet Magazine, 05/21/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.