Parmesan Asparagus Spears
Makes 8 servings
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 lbs asparagus spears
- 2 T grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Stir together vinegar, oil and mustard in a large bowl. Set aside. Heat 2 inches of water and half the salt to boiling in a large, deep skillet.
- Break or slice off the lower stems of the asparagus spears. Rinse and place half the spears in the boiling water. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or just until tender-crisp.
- Transfer asparagus to the bowl with the vinegar mixture. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Toss gently until spears are evenly coated. Place asparagus on serving plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
recipe from: California Asparagus Commission, 02/19/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.