Red Cabbage with Apples
- 1 medium red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), shredded
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 1 medium russet potato, shredded
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teapoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and potato is cooked through, about 40 minutes,
- Place cabbage in a serving bowl. Chill completely.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.