Cream of Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into flowerets
- 2 C water
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 T margarine or butter
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 C whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 C shredded cheese (any variety)
- Cut cauliflower stalks into 1-inch lengths.
- Heat 2 cups water to boiling in 3 quart saucepan . Add flowerets and pieces, celery, lemon juice, and onion. Cover and heat to boiling. Boil about 10 minutes , or until cauliflower is tender (do not drain). Transfer to blender. Cover and blend until of uniform consistency.
- Heat margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minutes. Stir in cauliflower mixture, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Heat to just boiling. Stir in cream. Heat until just hot, but do not boil. Serve with shredded cheese.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.