Cold Avocado Soup
Makes 4 - 6 servings
- 3 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1 1/2 C chicken stock
- 1/4 C minced scallions
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T minced fresh cilantro, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 C corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- In batches in a food processor, puree the avocados, chicken stock, scallions, lemon juice, cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne.
- Pour into a soup tureen or large pitcher and stir in the heavy cream just before serving.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels, cumin, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until fragrant and golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and garnish each serving of soup with 2 tablespoons of the toasted corn and 1 sprig of cilantro.
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.