Cauliflower & Roquefort Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 4 T margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 C cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 quart vegetable stock or water
- 2 T fresh snipped chives
- 1/2 tsp. herbs de Provence
- A few drops of hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 T brandy or rum
- 1/2 lb Roquefort cheese
- Croutons to taste
- Chives for garnish
- Melt margarine in soup kettle or Dutch oven, and saut/(c) onions until tender. Tightly cover the pot, turn off the heat, and allow to sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes. Then adjust the heat to medium, add the cauliflower and potato and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, chives, herbs de Provence, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Pur/(c)e in batches in a blender or food processor, then return to the pot. In the blender or food processor, combine the cream, yolks and brandy and blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, add 1 cup of the hot soup in a narrow stream, and blend until smooth. Stir back into the pot, add half the Roquefort, and cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, garnished with hot toasted croutons, the remaining Roquefort and chives.
recipe from: 365 Vegetarian Soups, 02/26/03
In no event shall Bristol Farms, its affiliates and its third party providers be liable to you or any third parties for any illness or damages of any kind, direct or indirect, arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the information or recipes provided on, or accessed through, this website. Service provider, its affiliates and its third party providers disclaim any liability, loss or obligation in connection with the content provided on this website. This website, and the recipes and information on this website, are provided strictly "as is" and without warranty of any kind, and should not be construed in any way as medical advice or instruction. Consult the appropriate health professionals before using any of the recipes or information on this website.