We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personally identifiable information or “personal information” from unauthorized use or disclosure. We follow the guidelines pertaining to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Our policy describes how your personal information may be collected when you visit our website, shop at our stores, utilize our services, or otherwise interact with us. It also describes how your personal information is used or disclosed, and the steps we take to protect it from unauthorized use or disclosure in the state of California.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We define the term “personal information” or “personally identifiable information” to mean any information that may be used to identify an individual.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that you may provide directly to us through your interactions with us in-store or online. The following are the types of information we collect:
- Date of birth
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Fax number
- IP address
- Payment information (credit, debit, and check transactions only)
- Social media information (e.g. ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ IDs)
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number
- Tax ID number
METHOD OF COLLECTION
We may collect your personal information through one or more of the following methods:
- Personal Information You Provide We may request or give you the opportunity to provide personal information when you register as a user on our website, shop online or in our stores, sign up for or use our products or services, contact us about a prior purchase, or email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, if you contact us regarding a product or service that you are interested in or concerned about, we may request that you provide personal information that will enable us to respond to your inquiry.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information When you shop on our website or in our stores, or register for or use our services, transactional information such as the date of your purchase, registration or service usage, and, if applicable, the dollar amount or value of the transaction may be collected automatically. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to other information that may identify you.
- Other Information We may obtain personal identifiable information provided by you, from third parties pertaining to services you have requested.
- Web Cookies or Similar Technologies We may use web cookies or similar technologies to manage our website and we may collect information about your activities while on our website. We may link this information with other personal information about you.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to the following:
- Responding to your requests;
- Processing and completing your transactions, including the delivery of products or services;
- Verifying and validating your identity;
- Contacting you regarding items lost in our stores, such as your keys, purse, or wallet;
- Keeping a record of any transaction, quotations or special orders for various services provided to you;
- Processing applications for personal or commercial business credit;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, on our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations;
- With your consent or at your direction.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties in the ordinary course of our business, nor do we share it with them for their own direct marketing purposes. Notwithstanding, upon the occurrence of certain corporate transactions, your personal information may be disclosed or transferred as described under the caption “Certain Business Transfers” below. Our practices with respect to the disclosure of personal information are described below.
- With Your Consent You may give your consent in several ways, such as through a written agreement that you sign or acknowledge; an online method, such as a “click-through” agreement or registration page; an oral statement, such as by way of an interactive voice response; or through the terms and conditions under which we provide you a particular product or service. Sometimes your consent may be implicit. For example, if you purchase products with a credit card and have them shipped to your home, you implicitly consent to the disclosure of your name and address to a third-party shipping company to complete the delivery, and of your credit card number to the credit card processor to authorize the transaction and to the bank to collect payment.
- Legal Process We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud, or abuse. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary in an emergency.
- Certain Business Transfers Your personal information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CHILDREN
We do not intend to or knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 16, and we encourage parents or guardians to participate in and monitor their children’s online activity. If a child under 16 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may inform us of that fact by contacting us using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below, and we will then delete the information from our database. If you are under the age of 16, do not provide us with any personal information.
RIGHT TO KNOW OR DELETE
We strive to ensure that your information is accurate and complete, and you have the right to know and/or delete your information at any point of time. We do not maintain all of your personal information in a form that you can access or update, and some items, such as transaction records, may not be changed. We may keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for lawful purposes. We reserve the right to retain your personal information where necessary for normal business operations. You may review your personal information that is readily accessible, or request to know and/or delete your information by contacting our Customer Service Representatives using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below. We will process your request by acknowledging it within 10 days and completion of the request within 45 days. If necessary, we will provide notice and explanation to you if an additional 45 days are required.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT
We may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services unless you specifically ask us not to do so when you access our website, or change your preferences by updating any accounts you may have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by submitting an opt-out request to our Customer Service representatives (see “How to Contact Us” below) or by following the instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
- Printed Materials: To opt-out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as catalogs, flyers or postcards, contact our Customer Service representatives.
- Emails: To opt-out of receiving marketing materials via email, use the method provided in the email, or contact our Customer Service representatives.
- Facsimiles: If you have consented to receiving facsimile messages, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the method provided in the facsimile message, or contact our Customer Service representatives.
- Voice or Text Messages: To opt-out of receiving in-person voice messages by telephone, contact our Customer Service representatives. If you have consented to receiving pre-recorded voice messages or text messages, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the method provided in the pre-recorded voice message or text message, or contact our Customer Service representatives.
RIGHT TO ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
If a consumer exercises their rights under the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) we will not discriminate against them in any way, including by;
- Denying goods or services to the consumer
- Charging different prices or rates for goods and services – including discounts, benefits or penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods and services
- Suggesting the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods and services
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take various physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We encrypt sensitive personal information during transmission that you may provide us. However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not warrant that any personal information that you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access. If you provide any personal information to us, you do so at your own risk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Customer Service Contact Form: www.bristolfarms.com/contact/ccpa
- Phone: (888) 457-6626
Last Updated: December 30, 2019