Hatch Chile Guacamole Burger Recipe for National Burger Day!
Bristol Farm’s exclusive Hatch “holiday season” begins this week and frankly, we’re all sorts of giddy about it. Spicy and smokey, everything with Hatch just seems to taste a little more exciting and a lot more delicious. Whether it’s roasted and diced in cheesy and decadent mac-n-cheese or a filleted and added to a classic grilled cheese sandwich, we love it all. The Hatch possibilities are endless…
One of our favorite ways to eat Hatch chile though is mixed in our already tasty guacamole. It’s the perfect match for a crunchy tortilla chip. Or -add that creamy and spicy guac to the top of a juicy burger and you’ve achieved casual culinary comfort food perfection.
With a month still left of summer though, grilling season is still definitely here – so why not kick up your burger a little with some of our Hatch guacamole? But if you aren’t quite feeling up to “manning the grill,” just enjoy the Hatch Guacamole Burger at one of our store cafes. Either way, you’re going to be treating your taste buds to something pretty special.
Hatch Chile Guacamole Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 3 buns of your choice (we like brioche)
- Bristol Farms Hatch Guacamole (or follow recipe here)
- Cheddar or Jack cheese, deli sliced
- Iceberg or green leaf lettuce
- Red onion, sliced
- Vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix meat together with salt and pepper. Form 4 patties.
- Grill burgers until medium-well – about 4 minutes on each side. Before removing burgers from grill, add cheese and close grill lid for 1 minute.
- Assemble burgers. Spread mayo to bottom bun. Add lettuce and tomato and burger on top. Then, add 1-2 tablespoons Hatch guacamole on top.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag us @bristolfarms on Instagram and hashtag #recipes.